Step 1. Incident reporting and immediate response
Organisations should have a framework in place to:
- Report severe incidents immediately by following organisational reporting procedures (by phone or radio).
- Provide essential information that is needed for the immediate response:
- Who is involved
- What happened
- Where the incident occurred
- When the incident occurred
- What has been done about the incident
- What help is needed
- Provide updated information about ongoing incidents as needed.
Consult SIIM Handbook pages 21, 23 & 30:
Chapter 2, Objective one – Immediate response: 1.1 Guidance on how to report an incident & 1.2 Dealing with stress.